Should I Get a Cummins or Kohler Generator for My Home?
Cummins built our first diesel engines in 1919, and since then have powered the people you depend on: farmers, truckers, first responders, hospitals, data centers and so much more. They pride themselves on producing high-quality products, and are known for their excellent quality, durability, efficiency, and compact design.
Why Should I Buy A Cummins Home Generator?
- All Cummins generators are designed to operate in cold weather down to 0 °F (-18 °C), and, for homeowners living in areas that routinely experience temperatures below freezing, Cummin’s cold weather kits allows operation in even colder temperatures.
- Cummins generators can be installed as close as 18 inches to your home, due to compact size, safety ratings, and quiet design.
- Flexible Exercise Modes - Exercise modes—which are required to run diagnostics and maintain the generator—can be set for your preferred time, date, and frequency. There is also a ‘Crank only’ exercise mode that can run diagnostics without starting the generator engine, which increases the generator’s life and makes it even quieter.
- Intelligent Load Management is integrated into each genset. This technology continuously monitors how much power is required for your appliances, and only powers the appliances the generator has amperage capacity to run. This technology can allow you to invest in a smaller generator because it has the ability to turn equipment on and off based on household demand, and will power equipment off as necessary to prevent itself from overloading and shutting down.
- Cummin’s QuietConnect™ series are quieter than other home standby generators, with sound insulated enclosures and 65dB or lower noise levels.
Get Peace Of Mind With A Cummins OR Kohler Home Generator.
I Want A Free Estimate For A Home Generator!
AirPlus Is Northern Virginia's Home Generator Installation & Repair Expert
Why Choose Cummins Standby Home Generators?
Cummins generators are known for their quietness and efficiency. They have load management, so your generator should be able to tell if it can power more appliances in your home and keep from overworking itself. They are also manufactured in the United States.
A Cummins home standby generator might be right for you if you are looking for a quiet generator, or would like to purchase a smaller generator that might not run all of your appliances at once, but can turn your appliances on and off based on household demand.
Kohler has been making generators, engines, and UPS products for 100 years. Their generators have been used on every continent, powering everything from homes to expeditions to the South Pole. Their home generators are known for their reliability and durability, and go through rigorous quality-testing both during the design process and before leaving the factory. Kohler generators are very reliable and durable, built with commercial-grade engines, and made to withstand extreme workloads over many years.
Why Should I Buy A Kohler Home Generator?
- Automatic transfer switch included
- Every Kohler® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
- Kohler generators endure hundreds of tests (during design and production) before they reach your home.
- Your Kohler® generator will automatically exercise itself and run diagnostic tests for 20 minutes each week to make sure it’s ready when needed.
- Generators come with a 5-year, 2,000-hour premium warranty and a corrosion-proof enclosure that's built to last.
- With PowerBoost Technology, Kohler generators can handle large starting loads like central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances.
- Inside every Kohler generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads. We’ll keep your house comfortable as long as the power’s out.
- Quiet and out of the way.
- Our new corrosion-resistant aluminum 14 and 20 kw RCA home generators install only 18 inches from your home. Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F.
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- With OnCue Generator Management System, you can manage your KOHLER home generator, receive updates via text or e-mail, view real-time power operation and more. All from your computer, phone or tablet.
- Streamlined installation. Kohler offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
Why Choose Kohler Standby Home Generators?
Kohler generators are very quiet and are a great quality. Kohler produces “corrosion-proof” enclosures for their home standby generators, which are made of plastic instead of metal, so they will not rust, but there is a slightly increased fire risk. Kohler generators come with a 5 year, 2,000 hour warranty.
A Kohler home standby generator might be right for you if you would like a generator that comes with a lengthy warranty and is known for its durability and capacity to handle large starting loads without dropping electricity to smaller appliances.
Keep Your Home's Power On During Storms
Emergency Backup Power For My Home
Not only will a home generator provide peace of mind, comfort, and cost savings during power outages—it will boost the resale value of your home. A single power outage can cause frozen or burst pipes, flooding, mold, food loss, and more, adding up to thousands of dollars in costs. If you rely on an internet connection for work or have a family member with special needs or equipment, a home generator is a necessity when the lights go out. Standby home generators can power on automatically during a power outage to protect your home and your loved ones.
Get A Free AirPlus Estimate On A Cummins or Kohler Home Generator Now!
Select A Convenient Date & Time Window Below:
Or Call 703-570-5121 For More Information.
What Type of Home Generator Do I Need For My Home?
Basic Backup Power
Portable generators must be manually turned on and plugged in, and can provide power to 8-10 circuits in your home. These generators are an excellent choice if your goal is to power small appliances and lights. They can run on either gasoline or diesel fuel, depending on your preference. Portable generators, typically priced between $400-$1000, are much cheaper than standby generators. They are a good option if you typically experience only short or infrequent power outages and don’t want to invest in a home standby generator. Drawbacks of portable generators include that they must be manually refueled during a power outage, they require regular manual maintenance to maintain, and they cannot be monitored remotely. Portable generators will not automatically supply power to your home in the event of an outage, because they must be manually turned on. Portable generators are capable of powering a few appliances, but they do not have the capacity to power your entire home.
Whole-Home Backup Power
Whole-home standby generators are hard-wired into your home and automatically begin to supply backup power as soon as the electricity goes out. These generators have the capacity to power your whole home indefinitely. They automatically detect power outages and switch on to supply backup power to your home with no manual set-up required from you. They require less hands-on maintenance, as they can be monitored remotely, and they do not require refueling, since they can run off your natural gas line. Whole-home generators are typically priced between $3,000-$10,000, depending on the size of your home and number of appliances within it. While standby generators can be pricey, they are a good investment in your home, and can increase the total value of your home by 150%.
How can I purchase a
Why should I buy my home standby generator from AirPlus?
AirPlus makes it easy to purchase a home standby generator and have it installed. We can install, retrofit, or upgrade your backup power generator for any home. A generator is a big investment for your home, and AirPlus’s service doesn’t stop at installation. We have in-house generator service technicians, offer maintenance agreements on all generators, and are one of the only companies in Northern Virginia that offer service contracts on installed generators, so you can be sure that your investment in your home is protected. Call 703-634-5400 for a free estimate for your home generator.
When should I buy a home standby generator?
The best time to buy a home standby generator for emergency backup power is before you need it. Generator prices may go up right before a major storm or other event, and unexpected power outages are not uncommon. If you think you would want or need emergency backup power for your home in the event of an extended power outage, it is a good idea to purchase a home standby generator. By being proactive and buying a generator before you need it, you can take your time, research the generator, and have it installed when it is convenient for you. If you have decided to buy a generator, don’t wait until the next power outage to do so.
How much do Cummins and Kohler home generators cost?
Prices for Cummins and Kohler generators are similar. A Cummins 13 kilowatt home standby generator starts at around $3,600, while a 14 kilowatt Kohler generator starts at around $3,800. The cost of your generator will vary based on the size of your home and the number of appliances that need to be powered. Installation costs are usually charged separately and can also vary depending on the size of the generator, specific installation considerations, and local building codes. More info on AirPlus installed Generator Pricing here.
Northern Virginia's Generator Expert
AirPlus Is One of the Best Generator Installers In Northern Virginia
What's a Home Generator?
A standby home generator keeps your power on during an outage. It’s installed outside your house (like an AC unit) and comes on automatically — whether you’re home or away. All within seconds of a power outage.
Plus home generators run on propane or natural gas, so there’s no refueling.